THE RAFA NADAL FOUNDATION HAS BEEN PRESENT AT THE “SPORT THAT TRANSFORMS” CONFERENCE HELD IN VALLADOLID
The ‘Sports that Transforms Congress’, organized by the High Commissioner against Child Poverty, the Eusebio Sacristán Foundation and the CSD Youth Sports Foundation, has discussed the best tools, good practices and initiatives related to the fight against poverty children and the use of sport, physical activity, leisure and free time as keys to social inclusion.
It is an initiative with which those present have been able to share and debate about the best tools, good practices and initiatives carried out in the country by the institutions, organizations and companies linked to the fight against child poverty and the use of sport, physical activity, leisure and free time as keys to social inclusion.
The event has brought together in the same forum managers and technicians from the administration linked to the areas of youth, sports and social services; sports federations and clubs; to foundations and workers, volunteers and collaborators of entities of the third sector; as well as the academic field at all levels: university –with faculties and schools for teaching, Physical and Sports Education, Special Education, Psychology and Psychopedagogy, Sociology and Social Education-, IES, FP and primary and infant schools.
Among these organizations, Eunate Gómez, project manager of the Rafa Nadal Foundation, was present in representation of the entity’s commitment to the use of sport as a tool for social transformation.
Various activities and dynamics have been developed:
- Round table discussion: dialogues between experts in which measures will be pointed out in three axes, the benefits of sport and physical activity, motivation to participate and design of transformative programs.
- Presentations: inspiring talks on sports and social inclusion in childhood open to questions
- Workshops: practical activities to improve the implementation of sports programs aimed at children in vulnerable environments.
- Meetings with top-level athletes and representatives of La Liga football club foundations to rethink the role of sport as a tool for social inclusion.
- Dynamic activities for children and adolescents for child participation and sports practice.
In addition, a space has been promoted for the constitution of a network of entities dedicated to sports and children and other spaces for meetings between the participants in relation to good practices.