On November 3rd, the deadline for the submission of nominations for the second edition of the Rafa Nadal Foundation Awards came to an end, with an impressive total of 325 applications.
The response to this year’s awards has been very positive, and we are delighted to begin evaluating the nominations.
These awards, made possible through collaboration with Telefónica, aim to recognize and support projects with objectives different from those of the Foundation. In total, 325 project proposals were received, competing for a total prize of €75,000, divided into five awards of €15,000 each.
The five award categories are as follows:
- Sports: Projects or initiatives aimed at improving the quality of life of socially excluded groups through sports.
- Education: Projects or initiatives focused on enhancing the quality of life of socially excluded groups through education.
- Health and Well-being: Projects or initiatives that improve the quality of life of vulnerable groups affected by diseases, physical, mental, or intellectual disabilities.
- Social Innovation: Projects that have successfully addressed previously unmet needs or introduced disruptive innovations to solve existing problems.
- Development Cooperation: Projects that create opportunities to reduce poverty and contribute to the fight against inequalities in less developed countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
The received projects address various groups, including children and youth, people in vulnerable situations, individuals with disabilities, and those affected by various health conditions.
The range of proposals is diverse, with different intervention methods and promoted by associations, federations, NGOs, and foundations working tirelessly to improve the lives of many individuals and create a truly transformative impact.
These organizations have headquarters in different cities in Spain and extend their influence to various countries through international cooperation projects.
Currently, the technical team is carefully reviewing all the applications and commencing the deliberation process to reach a consensus on the deserving winners.
The Rafa Nadal Foundation will announce the awardees on January 31, 2024, and in the following months, an Award Ceremony Gala will be organized, with the date yet to be determined. The Foundation looks forward to recognizing and celebrating the remarkable efforts and contributions of these outstanding projects.