THE RAFA NADAL FOUNDATION JOINS INTERNATIONAL SAFEGUARDS FOR CHILDREN IN SPORT
At the Rafa Nadal Foundation, we believe in the right of children to participate in sports in a safe, supportive, and enjoyable environment. This conviction has led us to become part of the International Safeguards For Children In Sport, whose goal is to ensure that all children, anywhere in the world, are protected while participating in sports.
This initiative brings together organizations from six continents and aims to eradicate abuse in sports from its roots. How does the International Safeguards For Children In Sport achieve this?
- Promoting Commitment: Encouraging organizations to commit to protecting children wherever and whenever they engage in sports.
- Providing Resources and Guidance: Offering resources and guidance to support organizations in their journey towards safeguarding children.
The eight international safeguards that any organization wishing to be part of this initiative must adhere to are:
- Having a safeguarding policy.
- Knowing what to do if there are concerns about a child.
- Providing advice and support to staff and children.
- Understanding and addressing risks.
- Agreeing on acceptable and unacceptable behaviors.
- Hiring and training staff safely.
- Sharing safeguarding with collaborators.
- Supervising, evaluating, and learning.
When children are safe in any environment, we all benefit. Even a single incident or abuse in the sports, school, or family context is one too many.
It is every child’s right to be safe while participating in sports, and it is the responsibility of every organization to protect the children we serve.
Safeguarding is how we keep children safe when they participate in our projects, which is why we have a Child Protection Policy.
At the Rafa Nadal Foundation, we are proud to be part of this initiative alongside more than 60 organizations on six continents, all with a common goal: to ensure that all children and young people anywhere in the world are safe in sports.
We are proud to have joined this global movement dedicated to safe sports and to take the commitment to protect the children we serve.